Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (AMER. VERSION) 12/28/11


2009 Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was MUCH MUCH better than this one. I have seen all 3 of the Swedish series. The 2009 acting was edgier - the pacing much more intense and the woman who played Lisbeth - Noomi Rapace was an actress who I could not take my eyes off and wanted to see in every scene. she was transfixing. The snow and light of Northern Sweden was unforgettable - and the villains were nastier and also memorable.
David Fincher the director of this version kept jump-cutting from Lisbeth's story to his own story so I could predict - like with my soap operas - at what point they would switch over. Very obvious.

I actually almost fell asleep and was secretly chomping on dark chocolate hoping the caffeine would keep me up

No comments:

Post a Comment